How This Works
When integrating invoice payments, we allow you to determine how different payments appear in your accounting system. How we do this, is quite simple - we pull all your payment methods from the invoices BigCommerce, then let you pick an account for each method in your accounting system for the payment to be added to. If you would simply like all payments going to the one account, we provide an easy way to do this too.
Why Is This Useful?
Mapping different payment methods to different accounts in your accounting system is a way for us to give you more control over how your data is integrated - for example, you may want all 'PayPal' payments going to a PayPal clearing account in your accounting system, however you wouldn't want your Credit Card payments going to the same account.
How Can I Configure This?
- At the start of your configuration, enable the send of invoices from BigCommerce to Quickbooks Online then enable the integration of payments. If you've specified that your sales go through as Sales Receipts, this will automatically be enabled
- Once at the Map Payments section, use the drop down menu provided to choose an income account for ALL payments to be added too, or select Map Individual Payment Methods to choose an income account for each payment method
- Now you can choose an account in your Quickbooks Online, for each payment method from BigCommerce using the drop down menus provided
- Well done! Your payment methods are now mapped.
- If the account you're looking for isn't there, try hitting the Refresh button to the bottom of each drop down menu - this will trigger a retrieve of accounts from your accounting system.
- If the account doesn't exist in your accounting system, create the account manually, then use the Refresh button to have it loaded into the integration
- If the account still isn't visible, check it out in your accounting system and ensure it's able to receive payments